Contest participant consents to the use of pictures taken during the contest by the Event for promotion of future events and contests.
- The Costume Contest will have three categories: Adult (age 14+), Junior (age 0-13), and Group (2 or more people). Costumes are judged on Creativity, Difficulty, Quality, Showmanship, and Preparation. Groups will also be judged on Cohesiveness of Costumes.
- A valid Event ticket/pass granting access to the Event on Saturday is required to enter the Costume Contest. Sign-ups will be taken at Information Booth. There are limited spots available for the Costume Contest, so sign-up early.
- If no one is at the Information Booth when you get there, please wait. They may be in on a short break. Under NO circumstances are you to enter Information Booth.
- Roll call and Costume Contest preparation starts at 6PM. If you miss roll call you will be removed from the Costume Contest.
- Be kind to the judges, even if you miss sign-up or registration is full. Being rude will not get you anywhere. Contestants can be disqualified and/or removed by security for bad attitude.uestions
- Contestants must make or heavily modify their costume. If you are modeling a costume for someone else they must be present at the Event and willing to answer judge’s questions. Purchased or commissioned costumes are not eligible for Awards.
- There are no skits. Contestants will walk across the stage and show off their costumes to the audience. The judges may ask each contestant a few questions about their costume.
- Contestants will be expected to stay for the entire duration of the competition.
COSTUME CONTEST RULES AND WEAPONS POLICY
- All decisions on costumes entering the facility shall be at the sole discretion of Event staff. Should your costume be/become an issue, Event staff will ask that you either change or leave the premises.
- You MUST be able to easily maneuver your costume over stairs or ramps unassisted. Jumping onto or off of the stage is prohibited.
- Any bow-type weapons may be strung, but only loosely in a manner that would not allow them to be fired. Projectiles of any kind are forbidden. All prop arrows must have soft, non-metal, blunted tips made out of foam or cardboard only.
- You may not include liquids, gels, or other substances which could cause a mess. You may not use smoke effects, fire, explosives, or any other environmental hazard in any capacity.
- No throwing items to the crowd, spraying the crowd with water guns, fake blood, or other liquids. Do not swing or brandish your prop in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening.
- No weapon that could under any circumstances be confused with a real gun will be allowed regardless of whether or not it has an orange tip or an unrealistic color. Other weapons that may cause harm to others including but not limited to, sharpened metal-bladed weapons or blunt weapons (like brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku) are also not allowed.
- You may not have items that cause excessive noise levels like megaphones and air horns
- All costumes must cover at least as much as a 2 piece bikini. No nipple tassels, C-cups, etc. (men are encouraged to wear dance belts if wearing bodysuits). Naked is NOT a costume. Barefoot cosplays will be required to wear shoes, however they can be temporarily removed for photo ops.
- If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
- Contestants are responsible for any damages to convention property as a result of their actions during the contest.oard only
- Judge’s rulings are final and cannot be contested
The contest will be held in the Las Cruces Convention Center Panel Room on Saturday. By registering you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by all rules set forth above.
RULES UPDATES AND CHANGES
While no changes to these rules are foreseen, certain circumstances may require the rules or times be changed. Please check the rules periodically leading up to the event.