LAS CRUCES COMIC CON COSTUME CONTEST
If you have a competitive streak consider entering the Annual Las Cruces Comic Con Costume Contest!
Please help us by doing your part in upholding a safe and welcoming environment for all cosplayers at Las Cruces Comic Con. Refer to Convention Policies & Codes of Conduct and Cosplay is Not Consent for more information.
The contest will be held in the Las Cruces Convention Center Conference room on Saturday, August 20th, 2022 at 8:00PM. Arrive no later than 7:30PM. Please arrive early for line-up and check in. By submitting an entry you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by all rules set forth BELOW:
COSTUME CONTEST RULES
All Costume Contest participants must have:
- A completed registration.
- A paid Las Cruces Comic Con ticket allowing access to the event on the day of the competition.
If you register and find you are unable to participate in the costume contest please let us know. All no-shows for the costume contest that do not give prior notice will be banned from participating in future Las Cruces Comic Con contests.
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST BE REGISTERED.
- The MC will announce your name and character
- You’ll walk onto stage
- The judges will ask any questions they may have about your costume
- After all questions have been answered you will exit the stage
- Convention Costume, Props, & Weapons Policy applies to the contest
- Each entrant can only present one costume, No multiple costume changes
- Contest participant consents to the use of pictures taken during the contest by Las Cruces Comic Con for promotion of future events and contests
- Judges rulings are final and cannot be contested
- Good sportsmanship is required to participate
- Groups consist of TWO OR MORE individuals and will be considered as one entry and the winners will receive one prize to share
- No Jumping off of the stage
- No pyrotechnics, confetti, fireworks, smoke, or glitter bombs
- No throwing items to the crowd, spraying the crowd with water guns, fake blood, or other liquids.
- No mess or any powder or chemical is to be left on stage or in the convention hall
- Contestants are responsible for any damages to convention property as a result of their actions during the contest
- Do not interact with or interrupt the MC, do not make him part of your show or performance
- If the name of your character or source material is mispronounced, correcting the MC before leaving the stage is permitted before your character/costume is repeated to the crowd
- If you require assistance onto the stage due to costume restraints, staff will be on hand to help you up and down the stairs
- Staff will not be available to help you set up or take down props
- Failure to abide by the rules may result in disqualification
The awards are as follows:
RULE UPDATE AND CHANGES
While no changes to these rules are foreseen, certain circumstances may require the rules or times be changed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the event coordinator